"Order is one of the needs of life which, when satisfied, produces real happiness."
- Maria Montessori
New Montessori-inspired me now sees the value in letting children use glass cups and real dinnerware.
- They learn the natural consequence of dropping something fragile
- They feel more included at the table because their tableware is not that much different to the rest of the family's
- They feel more empowered for being allowed to use "real" things
- They learn to care for their environment and things
- They learn better control of their movements
- We learn about just how capable they are
One of the best things about Montessori for the modern day is that there are so many options available to suit your family and your lifestyle.